This post (likely) contains affiliate links, including Amazon Associates links, and I may receive a small commission if you click one. This is at no extra cost to you.
I had a wonderful surprise at the beginning of the week to find out I had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Big thank you to the lovely Matt and Ally from Borderline Backpackers. Their blog is so wanderlust-inducing, make sure you check it out! So many places I now need to visit from their inspiration.
Plus they are the some of the friendliest people I have come across online, give them a follow @BLbackpackers!
This award, created by bloggers for bloggers, is such a great way to get to know each other a bit better. So, without further a do – 7 facts about me.
1. I am a massive Harry Potter fan. At least once a year, I read all of the books. Have been to the studios in Watford twice and I have totally lost count of the number of times I have watched the films. I guess I quote Snape (“Obviously”) at least once a week. I also own quite a lot of Harry Potter themed clothing. This does, therefore, make me a fan!
2. I have 3 younger brothers. I am the oldest child, the only girl and definitely the bossiest. My two youngest brothers are technically by half brothers and are 17 and 19 years younger than me. I love them to pieces, as a result I couldn’t image life without them.
3. I have a degree in Psychology. Way back when I studied Social Psychology at Loughborough University. I wanted to be a criminal psychologist, but parked that dream in about week 3 of my degree. I still find the subject fascinating and would never say never about picking my studies up again.
4. I cannot cook to save my life, but I am a pretty good baker. If I want to attempt to cook anything other than scrambled eggs, it definitely involves a recipe book and a trip to the supermarket to buy every single ingredient on the list. However if I wanted to bake a cake, I would have everything I needed in the cupboard. I bake when I am stressed and it always calms me down.
5. I collect Emma Bridgewater Mugs. It started with admiring a beautiful one of my mums and now I own over 30. These include 4 Christmas ones, a halloween one, 5 Norfolk related and 4 celebrating the royal family. I also have mini ones for my Christmas tree. A lot of them were gifts and I do spend quite a bit of time deciding which one I want to use for my tea each time I make one. And for those that know me, know I drink a lot of tea in a day!
6. The first time I left Europe I was 9. It was on a family holiday to Disney World and Florida. I had the best time collecting the signatures of the characters, visiting the water parks and buying beanie babies in the mall.
7. The 30th country I visited was Guatemala. In 2016 I reached my goal of visiting 30 countries, with a visit to the wonderful town of Antigua in Guatemala. It was such a wonderful place to achieve this goal and I would absolutely love to spend more time there, as well as exploring the rest of the country.
Rules For The Versatile Blogger Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you — Ally and Matt at Borderline Backpackers.
2. Share seven facts about yourself
3. Nominate up to fifteen others for the Versatile Blogger Award
For those of you who don’t know, The Versatile Blogger Award was created by bloggers to give to other bloggers. If nominated, you have received the award and are tasked with passing it on, by nominating other bloggers. It shows the incredible amount of support in the community! No question about blogging is ever ‘too silly’ or weird, and this award helps you get to know the people behind their blog and/or brand. I was so humbled to have received this!
Lauren – Diary of a Spanglish Girl
Becky – Treasured Travels
Elle – Elle Louise
David – Muckersie’s Movements
Cat – Cat Higgy Travels
Rose – Where Goes Rose
Charli – The Break of Dawns
Claudia – Perfectly Claudia
Sam – SOS Travel
Jas – Jet Set with Jas
If you have already been nominated and don’t want to do it again, I completely understand! But if you do, let me know when you have completed. I’m excited to learn more about you.
Thanks again to Borderline Backpackers for the nomination!